Monday, February 6, 2012

Beds, blankets and birdbrains

Since this blog is mainly about sleeping, I thought I'd show you a picture of a very inviting sleep space.

  • Soft, cozy flannel bedding
  • Well-loved bear
  • Lamp next to bed; no need to cavort across the room in the dark after turning off the main light switch
  • Comforting verse on wall over bed:  "Be still and know that I am God." (from Psalm 46:10)

This is our daughter's bedroom in her apartment.  Last weekend, we went out to visit her and hang some new curtains over her drafty windows.

Daughter and Dad
It is difficult to take a good picture in front of a window on a sunny day, 
especially when you have just hung curtains and would like them to be seen in the photo.

Daughter and Mom
in daughter's living room...
sitting on the futon which converts to a bed.

We the parents slept on the futon.  It is a very decent sleep surface, and we slept quite well.

Our daughter has extra sheets, but we brought our own pillows and blankets.

Funny story:  I was packing to go, and was not sure what to do about a blanket.  Our daughter has been talking about how drafty her apartment is--saying that she needs thermal draperies--so I was thinking about how I did not want to be cold.  

Looking for a blanket to take, I opened my cedar chest, the one at the foot of my bed.  And there, much to my surprise, was my favorite woolen winter blanket, the one I ordered from Faribault Mill in Minnesota, the land of my birth.  I was shocked.  It's February, for goodness' sake.  I thought this blanket was on my bed!

I peeked under my quilt, and there was my blue cotton summer blanket.  Still.  

Well, I'll be.

So we took the woolen blanket to our daughter's place and used it there.  Now that we are home, I guess I'll change my sheets and put on the winter blanket today.  We have at least three good months of winter left for sleeping under it.

1 comment:

  1. It should be warm sleeping tonight under that Faribault Mills blanket...

    ReplyDelete